These sites are provided as an information service for families. The inclusion of an organization does not constitute an endorsement of that organization, nor does omission represent disapproval.
- National Crisis Hotline for any age - 800.273.TALK (8255)
- Alternative House provides a 24-hour hotline for distressed adolescents. 703.356.6360
- CrisisLink provides 24-hour confidential listening, crisis intervention, information, and referrals. 703.527.4077
- Eating Disorders -The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) site offers support to individuals and families.
- Fairfax County Health Department Programs & Services
- Fairfax County Health and Human Services
- Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board provides behavioral healthcare including wellness, mental health and substance use assessment and treatment for youth and families. 703.383.8500.
- Fairfax Partnership for Youth offers great information and links to programs.
- Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network Northern Virginia Chapter: 703.366.1090
Urgent Mental Health Resources
- For 24-hour emergency mental health services, through the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB):
- call 703-573-5679 (or for non-urgent referral, CSB Entry & Referral at 703-383-8500)
- For emergency mental health services, for individuals unwilling or unable to seek evaluation/treatment:
- CSB Mobile Crisis Unit (8am-12midnight): call 703‐560‐0224
For more info, visit http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/csb/publications/mobile-crisis-unit.pdf
- For 24-hour rapid-response and short-term ongoing follow-up for youth in a mental health or substance use crisis – especially for the prevention of unnecessary hospitalizations and placements outside the home:
- Children’s Regional Crisis Response (CR2): call 844-627-4747
For more information: (703) 257-5997
- Crisis One (Medicaid and CSA only): call 703-778-2259
For more info, visit http://www.interceptyouth.com/crisis-one-mobile-service-for-children/
- For 24-hour suicide prevention and mental health crisis hotline, contact CrisisLink:
- call 703-527-4077, text NEEDHELP to 85511, or visit www.crisislink.org
- For 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline:
- call 1-800-799-7233, or visit http://www.thehotline.org/
For families without insurance or have Medicaid…
Note: They will perform intake and screening for emergency/acute services to any resident of Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, and City of Falls Church, but they will refer out after this process if the patient can be served elsewhere through their insurance. See their Guidelines for Assigning Priority Access to CSB Services. For more information: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/csb/services/acute-care.htm
8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive
Fairfax, Virginia 22031