Course Selection and Academic Advising for the 2021-2022 School Year.
- If you plan to attend Poe Middle School for the academic 2021-2022 school year please click to access and review the course selection resources.
Student Services Mission Statement
- The Poe Middle School Counseling Department promotes equity, increases access, and removes barriers for all students by implementing a data-driven, comprehensive school counseling program. Counselors advocate for students by partnering with all stakeholders and the community to ensure a holistic approach to student wellness and achievement. We support the academic, career and social/emotional development of all students so that they may thrive in an environment of academic excellence and become responsible and resilient global citizens throughout their lives.
If students are experiencing a mental health crisis at any time (day or night), they should contact their parent/guardian and utilize any of the following resources
- Crisis Text: text NEEDHELP to 85511
- Crisislink Regional Hotline: 703-527-4077
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-SUICIDE
If students are experiencing a physical emergency at any time (day or night), they should contact their parent/guardian. If their parent/guardian is not reachable, they should call 911 immediately.