New Student Registration
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to Poe Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Ravens!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Poe Middle School and have not attended FCPS before.
- Students who are new Poe Middle School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but did not attend Colombia ES, Annandale Terrace ES, Mason Crest ES, or Braddock ES. If the student attended one of these schools last year, nothing that needs to be done. The student records will be automatically transferred to Poe MS!
To join Poe Middle School, first determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
If your student does live in the Poe MS boundary, please fill out the new student registration form below. This form will be submitted to the school and we will contact you to assist you with the new student registration process.
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.